Friday, February 25, 2011

Skiing in Crested Butte

I have been on a vacation ski trip at Crested Butte this week.  I've been very happy with the way my knee has reacted to the trip.  I've now skied 4 of the last 5 days, and the knee feels fine - no swelling at all.   I have pretty much been doing whatever I want - a fair bit of bumps & steeps, so I haven't gone easy on it.

I had been a little concerned, as my knee had not felt good during a much more modest ski trip last winter.  My guess is that my generally improved leg strength is a factor, and maybe one more year of healing, although I am now at 3 years and 10 months post-op, so not sure if there's really more healing going on at this point.  Whatever the reason, I'm happy about it.

I haven't done any running while I've been here in Colorado, but I figure the break is OK.  The base of the resort is at 9400 feet, so I think I would have found it challenging.  Next week, it will be back to some running; maybe the week at altitude will give me a boost.

No comments:

Post a Comment