Sunday, December 22, 2013

Training update, 12/22/13

I did my longest run since my surgery this am - 6.8 miles.  I felt OK, but not all that fit.  More importantly, the knee didn't really bother me.  As I sit here typing this, I wonder if it's a little sore, but I think I may be paying too much attention to it.

I have been thinking about my marathon training, and I think it will probably follow the general format this week took - 3 runs (one long), 3 bikes, one day off.  This week's detail:

Monday - rest day
Tuesday - 1.5 hours on the bike (trainer) at a pretty high intensity
Wednesday - 3 mile run after work
Thurs - 1:10 on the bike, again pretty high intensity
Fri - 2 mile run after work
Sat - 2 hours on the trainer
Sun - 6.8 miles

The Sunday runs will need to get progressively longer, of course, and I will need to lengthen the other runs a bit, and maybe do 4 runs/2 bikes as things move along.

So, hopefully my knee will feel good when I wake up tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment