Sunday, January 19, 2014

Training Update - mid-January

I just got in from my long run for the week - 12.2 miles.  I didn't feel as strong as I did on last week's 10.7 mile run.  I think it was a combination of fatigue - I did a somewhat strenuous bike trainer ride yesterday -and the snowy roads/sidewalks.

Overall, I'm pleased that I'm on track with the long runs, but a little worried about my low overall mileage.  But perhaps the most important thing is that my knee seems to be tolerating the longer runs so far.  I've had a little soreness, but no real pain, and there's no swelling.  So, I will try to slightly boost my overall mileage and continue with progressing the long runs.

Details on my training are available at strava.com - search for Daniel Sullivan (Wellesley, MA).

No comments:

Post a Comment