Saturday, September 26, 2009

Race - Komen 5K

Well I'm sitting on the deck in my back yard enjoying the nice sun after the Komen 5K today.

I was pretty happy with how it went. I ran 25:00 (strip time). Since I knew I'm really not in shape, I lined up pretty far back at the start. Probably too far back, since I wound up doing a lot of weaving and slowing to get around slower runners. Because it was a very big field (2,000 +), things never really thinned out, which in some ways helped (I was passing other runners most of the way).

I believe that time is a "personal worst" for me for 5K, but now it's going to be a personal best, as I'm starting up a new set of post-surgery PRs. I did not get any splits on the course; if there were mile markers, I did not see them.

I didn't have any knee pain, although I was a aware of the knee, with a kind of slight stiffness/lack of fluidity. I really can't say if that's just 3 years away from running, or that the knee isn't quite right.

So, my plan at this point is to try to do 2 or 3 runs a week for the next month, and then maybe try another 5K some time in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment