Thursday, April 15, 2010

mid April update

I saw my orthopedic surgeon today.  I asked him about my screws, which have been bothering me when I run (seem to cause dull pain in my shin).  When he pressed on them, they really hurt, so we agreed that they should come out.  That will be a minor surgery (to be scheduled), making operation # 4 on the left knee.

I also asked him about upping my mileage, and he thought that was fine.

I had an xray done, which the doctor pronounced as "excellent", although of course the cartilage doesn't show up on an xray.  But the patellofemoral joint looks nice & normal.

I am planning to run the BAA 5k this weekend in the Back Bay.  Weather forecast is not looking so good right now, but we shall see what is actually happening in 2.5 days...

No comments:

Post a Comment