Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Got an entry into the NYC Marathon

It's been a long time since I have written anything here! I am prompted to start back by the fact that I was accepted in the lottery to run the NYC Marathon. I had entered on a bit of a whim, not really expecting to get in. I have never run the NYC marathon. I haven't really been running much at all, having decided not to try to run Boston this year. In fact, I've run a grand total of 59 miles so far in 2016. My plan is to start now to gradually ramp up my running, and to hope to run a credible time in New York. I think a pretty realistic goal would be to get under 4 hours, assuming my knee cooperates. My knee has been pretty good, although it is just a bit stiff as I'm typing this. I ran a 4 mile race this weekend (the Claddagh 4 miler) on my minimal training; it did not go very well (33:16 = 8:20/mile).

No comments:

Post a Comment